Go Back   Mothers' Hideaway > Kiddie Island > Trying to Conceive/ Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Lazy Lounger

Husbands concerns about my cycles

Hey ladies. My husband and I have only been ttc for 5 months. We have a couple possible hurdles both on my account. I have a robertsonian translocation which gives a potentially higher chance of miscarriage and I have been having anovulatory cycles (I'm guessing like pcos - have a doctors appointment in a few weeks). He has been very frustrated with me not knowing when and if I ovulate. We just got into a huge fight because I told him I am on my period now and I don't know how long it's going to last (can be 5-7 days or 2-3 weeks with me, not sure). He got really frustrated and his main concern was how would he know when not to masturbate. He really wants me to just 'get the pill' to make me ovulate, but I think it's way too early to start messing with putting hormones in my body. I tried to tell him how hard this is for me since it is all my problems that are causing this. I am frustrated too - have been since I started having periods at 16. He refused to listen Any advice on explaining to men what it's like to not know what your body is doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Hi!

I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. Unfortunately the bottom line is you can't know. I think the best thing you could do is to tell him that if you're bleeding he can masterbate and if not he'll have to wait it out? It's hard to let guys understand when they don't have to worry about how long anything is going to last. Otherwise I'd suggest you bring him to your OB/GYN and have your doctor break it down. Sometimes that helps guys understand better.

Good luck!
Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Hi!

I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. Unfortunately the bottom line is you can't know. I think the best thing you could do is to tell him that if you're bleeding he can masterbate and if not he'll have to wait it out? It's hard to let guys understand when they don't have to worry about how long anything is going to last. Otherwise I'd suggest you bring him to your OB/GYN and have your doctor break it down. Sometimes that helps guys understand better.

Good luck!
Go Back   Mothers' Hideaway > Kiddie Island > Trying to Conceive/ Waiting to Try to Conceive

Tags
concerns, cycles, husbands